Sunday, December 6, 2015

13&14 Video Review

1. For each video list/discuss the key concepts you learned.

The Lowdown on Lowbrow: West Coast Pop Art:  Art historians call it Pop Surrealism; practitioners call it Lowbrow. With dozens of artist and gallery curator interviews, along with hundreds of examples, this program chronicles Lowbrow’s evolution, its iconoclasm and often antagonistic relation to Abstract Expressionism, as well as the rise of female artists to its forefront.

An Acquiring Mind:Philippe de Montebello and The Metropolitan: In this video they discussed Philippe de Montebello who was the director of The Metropolitan for 31 years and it also talked about the museum.

Tate Modern: They discuss the tate modern by Wolff Olins in 2000, and how successful it has come in the last 10 years on its anniversary.

2. Do the videos relate to the creation of your Art Exhibition project? If yes, explain how. If no, explain why not.
The lowdown on lowbrow is one video that I liked a lot and used a lot toward my Art Exhibition project. It was something that interested me because it was It was something I could relate to and something that really caught my eye
3. What is your opinion of the films? Do they add depth to understanding of the art concepts you practiced while creating your curation project?
I think that the videos definitely helped me to create my project, it gave me some good ideas and I got to learn about different art at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment